Issued from the very long experience in chain manufacturing of CZ factory (since 1929), the 219 o-ring is an O-ring chain that uses high-tech technologies to ensure very long lifetime.
This chain has been developped in order to supply the top quality racing product for the karting branch all around the world. The top quality certified raw material for these chains is supplied just from the best German and Austrian steel suppliers (in fact the best steel suppliers of the world !)
The complete production process is done into CZ factory : stamping, heat treatment, assembling, including the automatic quality check and pre-stretching process. Especially the pins are manufactured with a special hard surface, wich guaranteed long durability of the chains and fatigue + dynamic resistance.
This know how was developped in CZ chains and it is used for all their high performance products.
Also, the specially developed CZ factory lubrication procedure, including the lubricant quality ensures the chain long durability.
Using the best raw materials and perfect mastery of manufacturing processes, the Gold 219 o-ring CZ chains have passed the ultimate test: used to the prestigious 24h du Mans Kart race with the powerful KF engines, they have not shown any sign of weakness! Also very popular in short races they offer superior performance thanks to their lower coefficient of friction.
- Junior and Senior classes (races and practices)
- Endurance races (24h00 Le Mans kart race…)
Mounting tips :
- First of all, you have to fix the engine and align perfectly the front and rear sprockets
- After that, you need to release the engine to place the chain on the sprocket without any tensile stress to avoid any chain damage, especially regarding the O-rings.
- Perform the chain tension: it must have a play of 10 to 15mm. After first use then you need to adjust the tension again
- With a new chain, it is always better to use both new front and rear sprockets
- Use a high quality grease « O-ring Safe »
- The chain must be lubricated before each session in order to penetrate into the spaces between the pins, bushes and rollers to ensure longer durability
- Do not apply the lubricant on a wet or dirty chain. Moisture or dirt must be removed by air blowing
- Do never use any chemical products to clean your chain: they can eliminate the lubrication of the rollers and pins and destroy the O-rings.
- Used 219 o-ring chain required inspection: be sure the chain is not overly bright (lubricating problem) and fits properly on the front and rear sprockets. Also you can check the rollers: they cannot be cracked or damaged
- Check alos the O-rings : only one missing or damaged O-ring can cause chain breakage
If the chain has any of these defects, then replace